Our vision is to empower students to acquire, demonstrate, articulate and value knowledge and skills that will support them, as life-long learners, to participate in and contribute to the global world and practice the core values of the school: respect tolerance and inclusion, and excellence.
Kidinnu students will:
- Participate in a Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, and Mathematics (STEAM) integrated curriculum and apply it to real-life situations.
- Develop a deep understanding, mastery, and application of important concepts to promote life-long learning and high levels of academic achievement.
- Demonstrate language fluency and competency in at least three languages, English, Spanish, & Aramaic and computer literacy.
- Learn basic technology competency including the use of a mouse, keyboard, printer, keyboarding skills, and word processing.
- Be able to integrate technology into reading, writing, Internet research, and data collection, using tools like spreadsheets, charts and graphs to analyze data, and software such as Google docs, Word, Excel and PowerPoint to share their own content.
- Comprehend history from antiquity to modern times while focusing on the contributions of Mesopotamian legacy to the development of Western Civilization.
- Acquire a deep understanding, mastery, and application of important concepts (What are the important concepts) to promote life-long learning and high levels of academic achievement.
Kidinnu Academy will:
- Implement Kidinnu’s thematic, inquiry-based units of instruction, which focuses on the total growth of the developing child, to become culturally responsive students who celebrate cultural differences in the classroom and their communities.
- Provide acquisition of measurable skills that are aligned to Kidinnu’s Expected Student-wide Learning Results (ESLRs), the CA Common Core State Standards (CCSS), Core Knowledge Sequence (CKS), interdisciplinary Kidinnu themes, and district policies.
- Involve parent and community participation in the academic and social development of students through family-school programs and events.
- Foster opportunities for student and family involvement in responsible actions and social service and world community.